Keeping your NEFF Slide&Hide oven clean can seem like a daunting task, especially with the Slide&Hide oven door feature.
However, keeping your appliance free of grease, grime and dirt will make sure your oven stays in top condition for years to come.
Cleaning the Slide&Hide Oven Door
Keeping the oven door glass clean can dramatically improve the look of your kitchen, but also make it easier to monitor your culinary creations.
Before starting any cleaning, it is important to check the oven is cold. You can choose to remove the oven door completely or you can leave it attached to clean the exterior glass.
Detach the Door
- Unlock the left and right hinge locks by pushing upwards fully on both sides with a screwdriver.
- Open the appliance door slightly using a coin to turn the two hinge locks on the bottom inside of the appliance. Turn the left lock clockwise and the right lock anti-clockwise.
- Close the oven door until you feel the locks engage. You won't be able to close the door anymore.
- Lift the door handle up on the two sides using both hands. You can now pull the oven door out and upwards.
- Place the oven door front side facing down on an even and clean surface. You can also choose to place the door on a towel to avoid damage and scratches.
Remove the Glass
- To remove the oven door glass, push on both sides until the inner glass is released.
- Lift out the inner glass carefully and slide it away from the door handle.
- Carefully remove the first and second reflectors.
- Push the intermediate panel down whilst lifting the holder tab carefully until you can pull it out.
- Remove the first and second intermediate panels by pulling them up and out.
- Using glass cleaner and soft cloth, clean the oven door glass and reflectors on both sides.
- Don't use any scrapers, sharp objects and detergents.
- Don't clean or touch the LEDs.
Reassemble the Glass & Door
- Dry off and fit the reflectors, followed by the glass panels.
- Place the oven door on the left and right guide rollers at the same time. Before letting go, make sure the door does not tilt unevenly and is fitted correctly.
- Push the door handle upwards so the appliance lies flat.
- Release both locks by using a coin on the oven door. Turn the left lock anti-clockwise and the right lock clockwise.
- Close both the hinge locks by pushing downwards on left and right sides using a screwdriver.
- Your oven door is now reassembled!
Why not check out our full collection of NEFF appliances here at Kitchen Economy whilst you're here?
How to Use Pyrolytic & EasyClean
Once you have cleaned the oven door, it's time to clean the inside of your NEFF Slide&Hide oven. Luckily there are a variety of self cleaning features that will make your life much easier!
If you're fed up of having to constantly scrub away at stubborn stains, you'll love the Pyrolytic and EasyClean features.
If you're prone to be a messy home cook, Pyrolytic cleaning will take the hassle out of your oven maintenance. No more harsh chemicals needed!
Instead of spending hours scrubbing away at grime, this function turns all food deposits and grease to ash by heating the cavity to and extremely hot 485°C.
- Firstly remove all wire shelves, baking trays, rails, shelf guides and water tank if you have one.
- Give the empty oven cavity a quick wipe with a damp cloth to remove any light food residues.
- Turn on the oven and select the Pyrolytic cleaning function and choose the level of cleaning desired.
- Light residue: around 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Medium residue: around 1 hours 30 minutes.
- Heavy residue: around 2 hours.
- The door will lock whilst the oven heats up and whilst it cools down once the cleaning process finishes.
- Open the door and wipe away any ash with a damp cloth.
- Reassemble all your oven accessories.
Please note: this cleaning method is not for regular use and should only be used for a deep-clean every 6-12 months.
For regular or quick cleaning that is environmentally friendly, we recommend you use the EasyClean function.
This self-cleaning method is perfect for lightly soiled ovens and uses a water and liquid soap mixture to loosen up food residues.
- Start with a cold oven.
- Remove all baking trays, wire shelves, rails and shelf guides (you can keep the water tank inside).
- Mix together a couple drops of dish soap and 400ml of water.
- Pour the mixture into the bottom of the oven.
- Select the EasyClean function and let the function run.
- Wipe the cavity walls with a clean sponge and reassemble the oven accessories.